Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 19 of turbofire

Okay everyone I made it to day 19 of turbofire...If you aren't familiar with this program it is a high intensity cardio conditioning program. I bought this back in November(during the black friday sale) and decided to give it a try...I started the program a couple of times but always seemed to lose motivation...Well this time I am on day 19....

One of the secrets(well not so secret) is that I have started doing this with a challenge group. My challenge group is an amazing group of people that are all in different programs , different phases of fitness but are all committed to one common goal, that is that they are committed to working out and getting healthier.

So anyway with the help of this group I have found that I am sticking with it. We have talked a lot about accountability to each other and to ourselves.




These beachbody programs are focused at both exercise and nutrition. The nutrition part is where I lose it. Although I am much better at making wiser choices that I was I still falter at it. I tend to resort to the comfort foods or in general my sweet tooth wins. So as part of my challenge I decided to try the Chocolate Shakeology. It is a protein/meal replacement drink.

Shakeology ain't your momma's slim-fast...It is mostly made from whole foods...Take a look at the back of the package and you will realize that it isn't even comparable. I noticed within the first two days of drinking it that I felt better. One week in I noticed reduced cravings...two weeks in and I can actually pass up a piece of chocolate cake....that's right CHOCOLATE cake.... I was really surprised by how much different the product was than other meal replacement options....





So anyway I am 19 days in. I started this journey at 211 pounds and am now at 206. Not that much I know but I have lost a bunch of inches and feel so much better than I did when I started this journey. The program takes a total of 90 days...so I still have 70 days left to go before I am done..Even if I just keep losing 6 pounds every 19 days I will lose over 20 pounds(clearly I hope now that I am getting my act together that I will be able to lose more than that).

I am gonna post more to this and let everyone know how I feel as I make it through the process. I hope that I will continue to have some good progress.. If you want to join me in turbofire than you can click on the links above or email me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment