Monday, January 23, 2012

You are right where you should be NOW!

Okay so this is sort of a post due to my BBC Steve(Beach Body Coach).
He wrote a personal motivation on our team webpage the other day, about
the things that motivate us and encourage us to keep moving forward. He
wrote also about this statement he heard while listening to one of those 
team "motivational(I call them sales) calls". 

The person was talking about the statement of "you are right where you 
should be NOW!!"

When I read his post those words spoke to me. After all I am someone
that has spent much of my blog space writing about actions(and inaction) 
that have lead to the places that we end up.

I started thinking about how negative that this statement could be, after
all it basically says you are what you are because of what you did. Then
I realized that the key word in the phrase was "NOW"(Yes I admit I did
not pay much attention to capitalization).

The NOW means that we don't have to end up where we are at. We
have the power to change our ending spot. We have the power to 
be who we want to end up being.

For some people this may be harder. For instance I am a person that in
all honesty does not have more than 40 minutes a day to exercise. So I 
may not be able to fit the P90X program in but that does not mean that I
can't fit in another activity to make myself healthier.

Our spot in life is never meant to be a parking place. It is meant to be a
place that encourages us to look around, grow and move forward. To
keep striving to make ourselves that much better.

For me( those of your that are regulars know this)  my goals are to earn
my degree, have a safe home for my children, teach and educate my family
about how to be the best they can be. I also would like some things like
a new car, a new house, and a wonderful family vacation(dreams)

So I want to move forward, but unless I am willing to change something
I am not going to get there. After all I can't expect to get a new result from
the same old input. If you want something to come you have to recognize
what you need to put in to get that.

So what are you doing to be in a new place when you are are taking
a minute to look around.



No comments:

Post a Comment